Formation of Cell:
For gender equality & gender justice in all its intervention & practices Woman Grievance Redressal Cell was established under the Act No. 20 of 1990 of Govt. of India under the able surveillance of then principal Dr. Punde in 2008 in Indira College of Commerce and Science.
The Cell is responsible for looking into any complaints filed by students & staff about Woman Grievances at the college.
According to the Hon. Supreme Court of India definition of sexual harassment is any unwelcome sexually determined behavior, such as:
- Physical contact and advances
- Demand or request for sexual favors
- Sexually Colored remarks
- Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature
The functions of the cell are to purely safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members of women and also to provide a platform for listening to complaints. The Cell also tries to incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college. It tries to equip them with the knowledge of their legal rights and redressal of their grievances. TO facilitate speedy delivery of justice, meetings are organized regularly. The counseling cell processes oral and written complaints.
Time to time the cell conducts seminars and lectures by specialists and eminent personalities to stop violence against women, sexual harassment at work and about health, hygiene etc.
- To resolve issues pertaining to girls’/women’s sexual harassment.
- To Women’s Grievance Redressal Cell has been formed to resolve issues
- To equip the female students, faculty and staff members with knowledge of their legal rights.
- To safeguard the rights of female students, faculty and staff members.
- To provide a platform for listening to complaints and redressal of grievances.
- To incorporate hygiene habits and ensure a healthy atmosphere in and around the college.
- To ensure personality along with academic development of students.
- Students report their grievance to the class Mentor.
- A member who feels that he or she has been harassed an also approach the Care Club formed in our College recently.
Any member found to have harassed another member or guest will be subject to appropriate disciplinary procedure action, including reprimands, suspension or termination of membership.
Complaint and Redressal mechanism:
- After knowing grievance of students, class Mentor discusses it with the HOD and then an appropriate solution is found out. If not solved at this level then grievance is taken up to the Principal and legal advisor.
- The complainant shall be summoned to hear complaints (if necessary).
- After hearing of complaints, the committee shall take appropriate decision.
|1||Dr. Anjali Kalkar||Chairperson|
|2||Prof. Shubhangi Birelly||Secretary|
|3||Prof. Shubhangi Chavan||Member|